The Business Bootcamp programme’s past success is why it’s so popular amongst local startups and entrepreneurs keen to start a business.
Once your business idea is taking shape in your head, you know what your products or service will look like and roughly who your target audience is; the next step to setting it up as a real business can be both challenging and daunting. Where exactly do you start?
Our Business Bootcamp programme will provide you with the knowledge, skills and connections, plus advice, guidance and ongoing support to give your business the best possible chance of breaking the mould and changing your life.
Three one-day courses:
The Business Bootcamp series is now spread over three days – one day per month and will cover everything you need to start up and go, how sales and marketing can work for you, and how to get your finances on track and stay legal and compliant. And all this for an investment of only £20 per session.
Part one is the Business Start-Up and Go Bootcamp and covers:
- Start-up costs – Personal Survival Budget – what do you need to earn before you can stop working?
- Sole Trader vs Limited company – the pros and cons of each
- Validation – how do you research if your business idea is viable?
- SWOT Analysis – what are your Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats?
- Entrepreneurial Mindset – what is it, and how do you develop one?
This one-day course is on March 23rd 2023.
Part two is the Business Sales & Marketing Bootcamp and covers:
- How to fall in love with the sales process
- What digital tools can help you to manage the sales process
- CRM systems – what are they, and how to implement a system that works for you
- Features & benefits – what problem are you solving for your client?
- How to do marketing on a shoe-string
- What is your Unique Selling Point? And how to hone delivery in your elevator pitch
- How word-of-mouth advertising is still the most valuable tool
- Networking techniques to help you succeed
This one-day course is on April 27th 2023.
Part three is the Business Finance Bootcamp and covers:
- Start-up costs and funding, including the many different options for raising funds
- What is profit, and how to develop a Profit & Loss (P&L) forecast
- How digital Technology has changed the way we run accounts
- The many different digital apps and how they help, including expenses, accounting, bookkeeping and payroll
- A presentation from a local, successful entrepreneur about developing experts around you to deliver success
This one-day course is on May 25th 2023.
In addition to the above, after the Bootcamp, each delegate will receive two 1-hour follow-up one-to-one sessions in the following weeks for bespoke advice.
Cost: Business Start-up & Go one-day Bootcamp costs only £20 per person, including VAT.
Location: StartUp Croydon Business Centre, Weatherill House, 23 Whitestone Way, Croydon.
Times: Registration on the day is strictly 9:30 am, and the sessions will end at around 4.30 pm.
All delegates who complete the Bootcamp session are eligible to apply for our biannual Business Incubator course (link opens in a new tab).