Do you have an idea of how to use Croydon’s underpasses and subways? You could win up to £500 for your successful ideas!
Croydon Council want to hear your ideas for how they can make the most of some of Croydon’s unused subways in the town centre. You can be as creative as you would like, while keeping in mind the following:
– How would the maintenance costs for the space be covered?
– Is your idea a temporary or more permanent suggestion? We’ll consider both, but please tell us if you see it being short or long term.
– Your proposal might be specific to one subway or could be rolled out to all;
– Ideas should be in line with our Local Plan objectives listed in the project brief
Once received, ideas will be reviewed to see if they are viable. They will then work with the winning and /or shortisted individuals or groups to see if they can bring these ideas to life.
To enter this competition, please submit:
– A maximum of two A1 or eight A4 pages of images and text. Please note that other formats (video, model, etc…) are welcomed. Electronic or hard copy submissions will both be accepted.
– At least one image or visual (sent as a separate file) to be copyright free so it can be published online or in our “Your Croydon” magazine and /or architectural press.
– Completed online form (to be accessed via www.Croydon.gov.uk/ReimagineSubways).
Please send your submission either electronically to email@example.com with ‘Subway Competition’ as the subject of your email or by post if in a hard copy format at Growth Zone team Croydon Council Bernard Weatherill House Floor 6th, Zone D 8 Mint Walk Croydon CR0 1EA
The competition is open to all, including:
– Design practices – Individuals of all ages – Schools – Community groups – Students – Professional practices
Shortlisted ideas will be published on the Croydon Council website, and the public will then be invited to comment on the proposals, before a judging panel made up of internal council officers and Members select the winning ideas. There will also be a public exhibition displaying the shortlisted and winning proposals (the location of this exhibition will be announced in due course).
The deadline for submission is 10 January 2020 and winners will be announced on 27 February 2020
What’s in it for me?
The judging will be split into three categories including professional, non-professional and under 18s. The winners of the professional and over 18s categories will win a prize of £500 each. Under 18s will win a prize of £500 for a charity of their choice, their school or a community group fund. There will also be runner up prizes of £100.
The winning submissions will be widely publicised on public platforms and may feature in Your Croydon and Young Croydon magazine (or Your Croydon /Young Croydon weekly e-newsletter), Croydon Council’s social media accounts, partner websites and social media, industry publications, national press as well as being featured as part of the exhibition.
Finally and above all, this is a chance to put an idea forward that could be brought to life.Share this post: