With start-up office units in short supply in the Croydon area there isn’t a huge amount of choice available, but the small business entrepreneur should still be diligent regarding value for money. Very often a quote is just the baseline monthly cost and you won’t be aware of hidden extras. In fact, many business centres won’t include VAT in the price, you may well need to bring your own furniture and there may be additional charges for utilities, postal services and a robust telephone and broadband package.
Apart from the price, the two main criteria for most businesses tends to be proximity to the town centre or station and 24/7 access. However, when thinking about your priority list consider instead:
- Is this a serviced office? – doing without a receptionist and mail facilities may not be conducive to your business.
- Do I need a parking space? – at a minimum charge of £4.50 per day in central Croydon, for yourself and your visitors
- How good are transport links slightly outside of town? – where rental will be cheaper.
- Do I hold frequent meetings or training seminars? – the cost of meeting rooms can make a huge difference to your monthly outgoings.
- Am I going to work more than 12 hours a day and at the weekend? – in reality, this is a red flag that your work/life balance is out of sync.
We are a national award winning Enterprise Agency whose main aim is to help start-up businesses with affordable training and services. At StartUp Croydon, our baseline cost is inclusive of everything – we even supply furniture and allow our tenants to hold meetings for free in any of our five well-equipped rooms and there is free local parking available in the area.
As well as being located just a couple of minutes’ walk from Wandle Park tram stop, we also have the added advantage of a beautiful park right on our doorstep, an affordable cafe at the end of the road and a nursery school opposite the building.
Our easy opt in opt out licence agreement allows our tenants the peace of mind that they are not tied into a lengthy contract and can give one month’s notice at any time.
We’re open 6 days a week, giving 67 hours of work time should you need it and we pride ourselves on our customer service, often going out of our way to help our tenant companies – please take time to read some testimonials from past and present tenants.
Share this post: