Do You Have A Vision For A Better World?
Are You Unemployed Or Economically Inactive?
Help Make Change Happen in Croydon
SEEK Social Enterprise Programme Roadshow
When: 17 January 2017 10:00am – 12:30pm
Where: CRISIS Skylight Croydon, Unit 3 Bridge House, 13 Surrey Street, Croydon
Come along to CRISIS Skylight Croydon to find out how the SEEK Project supports people in Croydon and the Coast To Capital region who are not in work to set up new social enterprises and to gain the skills to move into employment.
Social Enterprises are businesses that trade to tackle social problems, strengthen communities or improve the environment. They aim to generate most of their income through selling goods and services, re-investing the majority of their profits to further their social mission.
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
About the programme
The SEEK project is a 6-month intensive social enterprise StartUp Programme which includes:
- 1-week training course providing expert knowledge and skills to help you get started
- An individual learning journey to plan your path to setting up
- A business mentor who will provide you with one to one support throughout the programme
- Monthly workshops from experts
- Access to up to £500 towards set up costs
- 4 days of work shadowing of a social enterprise CEO or Manager
- Peer to peer action learning sets once a month
- Support to engage in local business network events
At the end of the 6 months you will receive a package of on-going support including one to ones, access to the action learning sets and social enterprise networks.
The project has received funding from the Big Lottery Fund and the European Social Fund as part of the 2014-2020 European Structural and Investment Funds Growth Programme in England.