That was the question that formed the basis of one of a series of Zoom based webinars run by White Label Creative during the current COVID-19 lockdown.
Hosted by Katherine Glass, co-founder and Director of White Label Creative Limited, the webinar brought together a range of national and local start-up business experts and organisations including StartUp Croydon’s chair, Fintan O’Toole.
The overall opinion and message was that now is definitely a good time to start thinking about a new business venture.
Changes in working arrangements and the rapid increase in more digital ways of working, allowing people to work from home are encouraging more people to think about starting a business. Even the skills learned in having to home school children whilst juggling work and other commitments are all transferable skills that people can use to run and manage their own business.
Advice and top tips from the panel included:
- Think about your business idea and draft a plan of what you will do
- Consider how your product or service will be the “Paracetamol to your customers’ headache”
- Talk to other business owners and listen to their journeys
- Know when to consult with business support providers as you won’t be able to do everything on your own
- Start small and take small steps every day
- Remember that it takes longer than you think to start and grow a strong business
All great advice and certainly areas that we at StartUp Croydon can help with. Get in touch with us on 0203 747 4747 or email email@example.com to talk about your business idea.
The recording of the discussions and advice that the panel members gave is available on the White Label Creative YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8F3iUshdsIShare this post: