Do you know we offer a free support service to help businesses in Croydon, Merton, Sutton, Kingston and Richmond understand and maximise digital tools to support and grow your business.
The LONDON E-Business Support Programme is funded by the UK government through the UK Shared Prosperity Fund and delivered in partnership with enterprise agencies across London as part of Business for London. StartUp Croydon will be delivering the programme in the South London Partnership area and will provide the opportunity to:
- meet with an e-business adviser to help understand your business and your current use of technology
- develop a digital business plan to assist in your development and uptake of digital tools and techniques
- attend free online and in-person webinars, workshops and events including:
- Website design and creation (Wix cloud/based web development)
- Setting up domains linked to email addresses
- Writing for the Web (keyword tools, optimised content for websites, tools to monitor search ranking)
- Google Cloud Solutions for my Businesses (Setting up Google Business Account, profile, Google Webmaster, Using Analytics e. Search Engine Optimisation)
- Smart Video Shooting (how to create short business videos using a smartphone)
- Email Marketing using Mailchimp
- Social Media for business (lead/prospects generation)
- Blogging for Business
- E-Commerce platforms/tools (Amazon, Shopify, online communities for trading, safe online trading,)
- Accounting tools – Xero – for the Make Tax Digital initiative
- Cyber Security and Data Protection Tools (risk assessment, Comms productivity tools (joining and hosting Zoom and MS Teams meetings)
- How to use AI tools (ChatGPT for business)
- Design and Branding
Your business will need to be already trading for at least one month and you should be able to provide evidence of your Companies House registration if you are a limited company or a Unique Tax Reference (UTR) number from HMRC if you are a sole trader.
The LONDON E-Business Support Programme If you meet the criteria and are interested in joining the programme please complete our general enquiry form here.
The UK Shared Prosperity Fund is a central pillar of the UK government’s Levelling Up agenda and provides £2.6 billion of funding for local investment by March 2025. The Fund aims to improve pride in place and increase life chances across the UK investing in communities and place, supporting local business, and people and skills.
For more information, visit https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/ukshared-prosperity-fund-prospectus