Wednesday 21st February
10:00am – 12:30pm
46-48 Westow Street, Crystal Palace, London SE19 3AF
Come along to LWS Café to find out how the SEEK Project supports people who are not in work to set up new social enterprises and to gain the skills to move into employment.
|Social Enterprises are businesses that trade to tackle social problems, strengthen communities or improve the environment. They aim to generate most of their income through selling goods and services, reinvesting the majority of their profits to further their social mission.|
About the programme
The SEEK project is a 6-month intensive social enterprise StartUp Programme which includes:
- 1-week training course providing expert knowledge and skills to help you get started
- An individual learning journey to plan your path to setting up
- A business mentor who will provide you with one to one support throughout the programme
- Monthly workshops from experts
- Access to up to £500 towards start-up costs
- 4 days of work shadowing of a social enterprise CEO or Manager
- Peer to peer action learning sets once a month
- Support to engage in local business network events
At the end of the 6 months you will receive a package of on-going support including one to ones, access to the action learning sets and social enterprise networks.
To register go to https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/seek-social-enterprise-project-roadshow-crystal-palacenorwood-tickets-42230649008 or contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 0203 747 4747
You will also be able to find out about how UnLtd https://unltd.org.uk/ can support you through their awards and accelerator programmes including their Thrive accelerator for established social enterprises working on improving employability and looking to scale https://unltd.org.uk/thrive/.
The project has received funding from the Big Lottery Fund and the European Social Fund as part of the 2014-2020 European Structural and Investment Funds Growth Programme in England.