At StartUp Croydon, we are always keen to keep abreast of the office market in Croydon. At a recent Develop Croydon meeting, Holly Purvis, Director of Stiles Harrold Williams gave an overview of the current situation. Here are the main points:
- There is low availability at only 4%, with rising rents. This is attributable to the conversion of many office blocks into residential.
- 2018 looks to be busy with interest being shown in some larger office units, however if all interested parties committed then there would be just 2.9% availability left with many blocks fully let.
- Croydon is attractive, with grade A office space that is significantly cheaper than Central London and a strong labour force, increased by the number of residential developments progressing and strong rail links which have attracted companies such as Body Shop, Siemens and EDF.
- However, new offices need to be built to meet demand.
- The main issue is for medium sized companies of around 50 people as there is a shortage of space suitable for this group which is also within the right budget.
If you are a small business in need of office space in the Croydon area, StartUp Croydon can help you with an affordable, all-inclusive package. We currently have units to suit 1-2, 3-4 or 5-6 persons, either located centrally at Park House or on the Purley Way, close to Wandle Park tram stop, where we have a prestigious, modern enterprise centre called Weatherill House.
Having an office at one of the StartUp Croydon locations offers many added benefits such as free meeting room hire and communal kitchen facilities.
We often arrange free events to benefit our tenants, including networking, socials, workshops and pop-ups.
There are also plenty of options available for stylish co-working space. The Business Xchange Hub is located close to East Croydon Station and not only offers great value for money, but also has an underground car park and free gym membership – from 1 person upwards, or the potential to book a whole floor.
There is currently a limited offer on Hot Desks and Dedicated Desks on the ground floor – from £100 pp/month- on a first served basis (6 months maximum term for this offer) includes tea/coffee daily.
Sign up for 2 months get first month half price.
Sign up for 4 months get first two months half price.
Sign up for 6 months get first three months half price.Share this post: