The Purley Way Forum, a recently formed group of developers, local businesses, business support organisations and local authorities including Croydon and Sutton Councils held their second meeting on 28 May 2020.
Founded as part of the Develop Croydon initiative in December 2019, the aim of the forum is to bring together all those who have a stake or interest in the area, whether from a business or resident community point of view, to discuss the redevelopment of the area as proposed in Croydon Council’s current masterplan process. These plans include the development of new housing developments, transport infrastructure to the environmental impact that these plans and changes will have on residents and businesses in the area.
The Forum are looking for businesses located on the Purley Way to provide feedback on the following questions:
- What amenities could be introduced to make Purley Way more appealing to businesses?
- What transport improvements would be most beneficial to employees, particularly in a post COVID-19 environment?
- Are local parks and open spaces used by employees in the Purley Way?
- Are there adequate ‘hubs’ in the area to support business uses?
- Is there an adequate variety in the types and sizes of workspace in Purley Way, both within existing stock and recently delivered/new provision?
- What is the business community’s view on the transformation of Purley Way, particularly the introduction of a significant amount of new housing in the area?
If you want to provide your input to the development of this area, please send your comments and answers to these questions to Bonnie Stephensmith at Develop Croydon on BStephensmith@wlcreative.org.uk who will also be happy to speak to you if you are interested in joining the forum. Alternatively, if you’d just like to be kept in the loop and hear about future events, drop Bonnie an email too.
Further details of the masterplan work and also a new site for residents to provide their experiences and memories of the Purley Way called Purley Way Finders go to http://news.croydon.gov.uk/have-your-say-and-help-shape-the-future-of-the-purley-way/.Share this post: