Croydon Tutorial College is a registered Community Interest Company (CIC) with the goal of providing quality teaching, both distance learning, self-study and face-to-face. Our mission is to provide educational, mentoring and consultancy services to students (both young and old) wishing to master new technological skills, especially in the computer technology and embedded systems fields.
Croydon Tutorial College provides a wide range of courses, tutoring and teaching in a wide range of technical subjects, including:
- GCSE and A Level STEM subjects (Maths, Further Maths, Computer Science, Physics, Chemistry and Biology)
- Teaching and progress coaching for students planning to take the basic and intermediate level Microsoft Azure Data Analytics certification exams.
- C and C++ programming courses (Arduino and RaspberryPi) for young computer scientists interested in robotics, embedded systems and IoT (Internet of Things) and their teachers.
- Block programming, Python / Micropython programming for Arduino, RaspberryPi, Raspberry Pi Pico, and the BBC Microbit for young computer scientists and their parents/teachers.
- Scratch 3 and Snap! programming and follow on Python courses for adults taking their first steps on a journey to become computer literate
- Teaching and Progress Coaching for BCS HEQ (Higher Education Qualification) exams.
- COBOL programming for those interested in developing a career maintaining and developing COBOL applications
Who we work with
We support students with Aspergers, dyspraxia, dyslexia and anxiety who may be experiencing difficulties with certain aspects of their work.
We can provide tuition in a calm, non-judgemental atmosphere where a student will be encouraged to develop ways of working that are best suited to their individual needs and personality.